I live, breathe, and eat cake. My goal in life is to share happiness with others through food and creativity – what better way than with the use of cake.
About this Site:
This blog is about sharing my enthusiasm about cakes and cake decorating with the rest of the world. For a sample of what I do, see photos of my work under the My Cakes category.
To me, cake is something much greater – it is something that allows me to engage with my community, to help others grow, and to help build motivation in others in their own adventures through life. For me, cake is definitely something to celebrate about!
Currently I instruct cake classes at SAIT Polytechnic as part of the Continuing Education Program. My educational background includes a diploma in Baking & Pastry Arts and a certificate in Culinary Arts.
- House Award in the 2011 Southern Alberta Ronald McDonald House Fancy & Frosted Cake Showcase
- Best Use of Theme in the 2010 Southern Alberta Ronald McDonald House 25th Anniversary Cake Competition
- First place in the 2009 Calgary Stampede Western Lifestyles Creative Arts and Crafts Competition: Novelty cakes.
- First Place Student’s Category, Lindt Chocolate Competition, 2006
- Overall Creativity Award, Lindt Chocolate Competition, 2006