This was a very special project for me – a modern geometric dark chocolate wedding cake. This was very structural, in attempt to make the top half of the cake look like it is floating on a ball or sphere of cake.
- the cake is covered in premuim dark chocolate fondant
- topper is made of dark Callebaut chocolate
- flowers are hand made from gumpaste, and the centers were painted black using powdered food coloring
- the red balls were made of coating chocolate painted red using powdered food colouring
- the curly accents are made of dark modeling chocolate
- all the tiers were of moist chocolate cake filled with chocolate Swiss butter cream (minus boards and dowels of course) – except for the bottom half of the sphere, which was styrofoam.